StickerYou's Accessibility Statement
StickerYou is committed to creating an inclusive environment that accommodates all individuals, including those with disabilities. We will make every reasonable effort to ensure our communications are accessible and that our website and mobile apps conform to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, Level A & AA and comply with applicable accessibility laws.
We want to hear from you if you encounter any accessibility barriers on our digital properties. Please contact our customer service department and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
StickerYou Integrated Accessibility Standards Policy, Customer Service Policy and Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
This policy applies to StickerYou (the “Company”).
This policy has been drafted in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (the “AODA”) and its Regulations. It provides information on how StickerYou meets the accessibility needs that apply to StickerYou in Ontario, including Customer Service, Information and Communications and Employment.
Statement of Commitment
StickerYou is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Accessible Emergency Information
StickerYou is committed to providing the customers and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
StickerYou will provide training to employees of the Company on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of employees as it relates to their specific roles.
Information and Communications
StickerYou is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs. StickerYou will provide, on request, information in an accessible format or with communication supports to people with disabilities, in a manner that takes into account their disability.
StickerYou will ensure the following are accessible to people with disabilities upon request and will post such information on its stickeryou.com website.
- Post on the public website information on how to retrieve feedback processes and publicly available information in an accessible format;
- Implement a core team to be ready to make the feedback process available in conjunction with external resources.
StickerYou will take steps to make all websites and content conform with WCAG 2.0, Level AA by January 1, 2021.
StickerYou is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. We will notify the public and staff that, when requested, StickerYou will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired.
We will develop and put in place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability. StickerYou will, where needed, provide customized emergency information to help an employee with a disability during an emergency.
We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account if StickerYou is using performance management, career development and redeployment processes, by developing an individualized performance management and/or career development plan for employees with a disability and who request such a plan. Further, no employee will be denied the ability to be promoted due to a disability and all StickerYou policies with respect to bonuses shall apply equally to employees with disabilities.
StickerYou has remained in compliance with the AODA Customer Service Standard, as follows:
- Assistive Devices: The Company will ensure that staff members are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing the Company goods or services.
- Communication: The Company will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
- Service Animals: The Company welcomes people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of the Company premises that are open to the public.
- Support Persons: A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on the Company premises or to access the Company goods and services.
- Notice of temporary disruption: In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services for customers with disabilities, including the Company website or call centre, the Company will notify customers promptly and as appropriate, following established procedures. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. This notice will be placed on the Company website or at the Company home office in Toronto, Ontario as appropriate.
- Training for staff: The Company will provide training to all employees.The training will include an overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- Feedback process: Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way the Company provides goods and services to people with disabilities can email or call the Company. Accessible formats and communication supports are available, on request. All feedback will be directed to either the People and Culture Department. Customers can expect to hear back in 5 business days. Complaints will be addressed according to the Company’s regular complaint management procedures.
- Modifications to this or other policies: Policy of the Company that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
Design of Public Spaces
StickerYou will meet the Accessibility Standards for the Design of Public Spaces when building or making major modifications to public spaces at its offices in Ontario. Public spaces include: outdoor public eating areas; outdoor paths of travel; and service-related elements. StickerYou will put procedures in place to prevent service disruptions to its accessible parts of its public spaces.
In the event of a service disruption, we will notify the public of the service disruption and alternatives available.
For More Information and Where to Find a Copy of this Document
For more information on this accessibility plan, please contact the Compliance Coordinator at:
Accessible formats of this document are available free upon request.
Last updated June 2021.